Read India Relations with Other Countries latest topic for all competitive exams-UPSC, SSC, BANKING. India Relations with Other Countries important for UPSC aspirants. India Relations with Other Countries getting stronger day by day.
1.INDIA RELATIONS WITH UAE
Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid a state visit to United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 23-24 August 2019.
Order of Zayed:
- PM Modi was honoured with the ‘Order of Zayed’, the UAE’s highest civilian award, as a mark of appreciation for his efforts to boost bilateral ties between the two nations.
- Certainly, the award is in the name of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the founding father of the UAE.
- The award has earlier been bestowed on several world leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, Queen Elizabeth II and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the RuPay card in UAE, making the UAE the first country in West Asia to initiate the RuPay card scheme. Moreover, India has already launched the RuPay card in Singapore and Bhutan.
- Certainly, The UAE receives about three million Indian tourists annually. Acceptance of Rupay card in UAE will lower the charges as tourists will save on the exchange rate.
- RuPay, an Indian indigenous system of electronic payment, is a highly secure network that protects against cyber hacks and is India’s version of Master Card and Visa. RuPay card scheme was launched in 2012. Moreover, there are close to 500 million RuPay cards in circulation in India.
List of awards PM Modi has been conferred with by Muslim-majority countries:
- The King Hamad Order of the Renaissance, Bahrain – August 2019
- Order of Zayed, UAE’s highest civilian award – August 2019
- Grand Collar of the State of Palestine – February 2018
- Amir Amanullah Khan Award, Afghanistan – June 2016
- King Abdulaziz Sash Award, Saudi Arabia – April 2016
- Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen, Maldives – June 2019
2.INDIA RELATIONS WITH BAHRAIN
Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid a state visit to Bahrain on 24-25 August 2019. This was the first-ever Prime Ministerial visit from India to Bahrain.
- PM Modi honoured with “The King Hamad Order of the Renaissance.
- Consequently, The two countries signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) in the fields culture, space, solar energy and RuPay card.
- PM Modi also launched the renovation of Shreenathji (Shree Krishna) temple in Manama, the oldest in the Gulf region.
- Hence, the visit strengthens India’s close connection with the six-nation powerful Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
- India-Bahrain bilateral trade has been on the rise for the last few years, reaching about US$ 1.3 billion in 2018-19. Bahrain’s investment in India amounts to 173 billion dollars through FDI.
- Further, about 3.5 million Indian nationals, the largest expatriate community in Bahrain has been contributing to the development of Bahra the presence of over 3000 Indian-owned/Joint Ventures in Bahrain indicates the intense economic engagement between the two countries.
- In Fact, Bahrain launched Little India in Bahrain project in 2015 to acknowledge and mark the contribution of the Indian community to the history and progress of Bahrain.
3.INDIA RELATIONS WITH FRANCE
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited France for an official visit for a Bilateral Summit on 22nd and 23rd August 2019 in Paris.
List of MOU’s signed during the visit:
- Besides, Implementing arrangement between ISRO and CNES France for Joint Maritime Domain Awareness.
- In fact, Cooperation Arrangement between Centre for development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), an autonomous scientific society of ministry of electronics and Information Technology and ATOS.
- Memorandum of Agreement between National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), India and The French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA).
- Concurrently, Administrative Arrangement between the Ministry of Skill Development, India and the Ministry of National Education and Youth, France.
Other key Highlights :
- In fact, Coining a new abbreviation, PM Modi said: “Nowadays, we talk of 21st century ‘INFRA’. That is ‘IN’ plus ‘FRA’ — the alliance of India and France… From solar infra to social infra, from technical infra to space infra, from digital infra to defence infra, the alliance of India and France is moving strongly.”
- Modi also inaugurated a memorial in Nid D’Aigle for Indian victims of two Air India crashes in 1950 and 1966.
Automatic Identification System:
- Furthermore, India and France formalised the development and launch of AIS, a unique constellation of around 10 low-earth-orbit satellites that will continuously provide maritime surveillance and security.
- They will cover a wide belt around the globe and specifically focus on the Indian Ocean region where France, with its Reunion Islands, has a strategic interest.
32 Major fashion companies from around the world have signed a pact to make the fashion industry eco-friendly.
- The 32 signatories include high-end brands like Chanel, Prada and Hermès; athletic apparel names like Nike and Adidas; as well as fast-fashion retailers like the H&M Group.
- Specifically, The agreement outlines group commitments on climate, biodiversity and oceans. It defines itself as “a set of guidelines” and will not be legally binding. No punitive measures will be imposed should they fall short of targets.
- In fact, The pact presented at the 45th G7 summit, 2019 (Biarritz, France) protect the environment.
UN data :
- Globally, the fashion industry is responsible for about 10% of all greenhouse gas emissions, according to the United Nations, 20% of all wastewater, and consumes more energy than the international aviation and shipping industries combined.
- According to UNFCCC, the sector’s carbon emissions are to rise by more than 60 % by 2030, if transformation towards a sustainable fashion industry fails to materialise soon.
- Furthermore, In March 2019, the UN Alliance for Sustainable Fashion launched at the UN Environment Assembly to improve collaboration among UN agencies by analyzing their efforts in making fashion sustainable.