Read Latest current affairs for all competitive exams -Banking, SSC, UPSC, etc. The latest current affairs will update your knowledge.
1.Women Transforming India(WTI) Awards
The Niti aayog address the Fourth Edition of WTI Awards. Nominations for the awards will be opened immediately after the launch.
- Indeed, The WTI Awards is being organized in collaboration with the United Nations to recognize women entrepreneurs from across India.
- Consequently, This year's theme is "Women and Entrepreneurship", in continuation of the theme for WTI Awards 2018.
- Besides, Whatsapp has collaborated with Niti aayog for WTI Awards 2019 and will be providing support amounting to US$100,000 to the award winners.
- The Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) is a Government of India initiative by Niti Aayog to promote and support aspiring as well as established women entrepreneurs in India.
- It has more than 5,000 women entrepreneurs registered on the platform, more than 30 partners and has committed funding of more than Us$10mn for these startups.
2. National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEA)2019
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship announced the fourth edition of National Entrepreneurship Awards, 2019.
Objective: Moreover, the annual awards have been instituted to honor outstanding young first-generation entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders for their exceptional contribution to entrepreneurship development.
- Instituted by: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- Categories: Indeed, there are a total of 45 specially designed awards to be bestowed – 39 Enterprise Awards and 6 Awards for Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Builders.
- Eligibility: In fact, to be eligible for these awards, the nominee (entrepreneur 2019)
- first-generation entrepreneurs;
- hold 51% or more equity and ownership of the business, and women entrants must individually or collectively own 75% or more of the enterprise.
- Moreover, must be under the age of 40 years;
4.Cash prize: Besides, Winners presented with a Cash Prize of ₹5 lakh (enterprises/ individuals) and ₹10 lakh (organizations/ institutes).
3. National Youth Awards
The Union Minister for Youth Affairs & Sports Kiren Rijiju conferred the National Youth Awards 2016-17 upon the following 20 individuals and 3 organizations.
- Given by: The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Department of Youth Affairs.
- Recipients: The awards conferred on individuals (aged between 15-29 years) and organizations for excellent work and contribution in different fields of development and social service, such as health, promotion of human rights, active citizenship, community service, etc.
- The Objective of the awards: Indeed, to motivate young persons to achieve excellence in the field of national development and social service.
- Cash prize: Besides, the individual award comprises of a medal, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-. In fact, the award to a youth organization includes a medal, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 2,00,000/-.
4. Union Home Minister's Medal For Excellence In Investigation
The “Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation” for the year 2019 awarded to 96 Police personnel.
- Constituted in: 2018.
- Objective: Concurrently, to promote high professional standards of investigation of crime and to recognize such excellence in an investigation by investigating officers.
- Recipients: Consequently, this medal awarded to officers in Central investigation agencies, State/UT police force investigating agencies in recognition of their outstanding service in the investigation
- Procedure: Besides, the names finalized by the Ministry of Home Affairs based on recommendations made by States/UTs and Central police organizations.
- Award: In fact, A scroll signed by the Union Home Minister awarded to each awardee along with the medal.
Aishwarya Pissay became the first Indian to claim a world title in motorsports.
- Indeed, the 23-year-old Bengaluru-based biker Aishwarya Pissay made history by becoming the first Indian to win a world title in motorsports as she won the FIM World Cup in women’s category after the final round of the championship in Varpalota, Hungary.
- Besides, the event conducted by the international cycling Federation, the governing body for motorcycle racing in the world.