Read Current Affairs related to the Ministry Of Health Important for UPSC, SSC, and Banking. Moreover, Ministry Of Health is a very important topic for UPSC Aspirants
1.JAN AUSHADHI SUGAM; JAN AUSHADHI SUVIDHA
Union Minister for Chemicals made announcements related to “Janaushadhi Sugam” and “Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Oxo-Biodegradable Sanitary Napkin.”
- Union Minister for Chemicals launched a mobile application “Jan Aushadhi Sugam” to enable people to search Jan Aushadhi generic medicine stores.
- He also announced that “Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Oxo-Biodegradable Sanitary Napkin” will now be available at only One Rupee per pad (earlier the cost was Rs 2.50 per pad).
- The Government of India launched Jan Aushadhi Suvidha pad in 2018. It comes with a special additive, which makes it biodegradable when it comes in contact with oxygen after being discarded.
- These are available for sale in more than PMBJP Kendras across the country.
- About 28 million girls are reported to be leaving education because of a lack of availability of good quality Sanitary Napkin” pads at a reasonable cost.
2. MASKED AND WHITE-COAT HYPERTENSION
Indian Heart Study (IHS) has found that Indians have an average resting heart rate higher than the desired rate.
Key findings of the study:
- IHS has found that Indians have an average resting heart rate of 80 beats per minute,
- which is higher than the desired rate of 72 beats per minute.
- Unlike people of other countries, Indians have higher blood pressure in the evenings than in the mornings.
- Furthermore, there is a high prevalence of masked hypertension and white-coat hypertension in Indians,
- Indeed, at 42 percent on the first visit to a doctor’s clinic.
Important Info :
- Masked-hypertension is a phenomenon when an individual’s blood pressure reading is normal at the doctor’s clinic but high at home.
- Besides, White-coat hypertension is a condition in which people exhibit a blood pressure level above the normal range in a clinical setting only.
3.MoU FOR ENHANCED OUTREACH ON HIV/AIDS PREVENTION (Ministry Of Health)
An MoU has been signed between National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO), under the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJE) for enhanced outreach on HIV/AIDS prevention.
Salient points of MoU are as follows:
- Include female sex workers and transgender as a target group for social defense and drug addicts as a target group for NACO.
- Inclusion of target groups of NACO and National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR) in the programs of NAPDDR & NACO for awareness generation.
- Enhanced coordination between Injecting Drug Users Targeted Intervention (IDUs-TI) supported by NACO
- and Integrated rehabilitation center for Addicts (IRCAs) supported by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment (DoSJE).
- Reduced incidence of social stigma and discrimination against victims of drug abuse
- Children and People Living with HIV/AIDS through program education setting.
- Address the risk of HIV transmission among all substance users
- through preventive risk reduction messaging on HIV/STI
- and linkages with the Integrated Testing and Counseling Centre (ICTC).
Important Info :
National AIDS Control Organization (NACO)?
- Certainly, NACO is a division of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare that provides leadership,
- Surely, to HIV/AIDS control program in India through 35 HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Societies.
- Moreover, In 1992 India’s first National AIDS Control Programme (1992-1999) was launched.
- Although, the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) was constituted to implement the program.